This Privacy Statement applies to Virtus Careers Pty Ltd trading as Talent4you and all references to “Talent4you”, “Talent”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this document are references to Virtus Careers Pty Ltd, trading as Talent4you, its related subsidiaries and all digital platforms.
In this Policy headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation. Unless the context requires otherwise, the singular includes the plural and vice versa and a gender includes all genders.
Protecting your privacy is important
The APP’s are contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. The APP’s are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
The IPP’s are contained in Part 2 of the Privacy Act 1993. The NZ IPP’s are available from the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) website.
Where appropriate, Talent4you will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Australian Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in other legislation.
Information we collect about you
Talent4you generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you access our web site, submit a resume for our consideration or when you are in contact with a Talent4you representative:
- your name including any use of a pseudonym;
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- information about personality, character, skills, qualifications and experience;
- Information about career path and preferences;
- your bank account details and Tax File Number;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions;
- information required to undertake criminal history checks and obtain criminal history records;
- information required to ascertain a Candidates right to work in a particular jurisdiction; and
- any other information that you have supplied on your resume, proof of identity or in communications with a Talent4you representative.
- You may choose not to provide us your personal information or act under a pseudonym. However, this will severely restrict our ability to
- provide you our services in seeking and being placed into work and Talent may not be able to provide its services to you as a result.
How we obtain your personal information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you access our site or digital platforms;
- when you submit your resume to us;
- when you complete one of our registration forms or provide any other information in connection with your application; and
- each time you communicate with a Talent4you representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
- To verify your identity, we may request proof of identification from you including copies of your passport, visa, driver’s license or any other
- relevant licenses and will only do so for the performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including:
- reference checks with referees;
- publicly available sources including newspapers, journals, directories, the Internet and social media sites;
- results of receive any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks;
- receiving any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace;
- receiving any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter,
- inquest or inquiry in which you were involved;
- receiving any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved; and
- networking with your peers
This information will be included in our records only if necessary for the performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
In addition Talent4you may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil contract positions (this may also include your buy rate if Talent International is operating under a preferred supplier agreement);
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- related bodies corporate and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (eg: background checking/screening, Software Solutions Providers, training and superannuation); and
- Your personal information may be transferred overseas, for the purposes and processes described above (for example, submitting your resume for an international position).
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Talent4you relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by the Privacy Act and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Talent4you.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent4you, you should contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (contact details below).
Security of your personal information
Talent4you will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Privacy Inquiry Service
Please contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to:
- request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent4you;
- inquire generally about your privacy rights and obligations;
- provide suggestions or feedback in respect Talent International’s handling of personal information;
- or make a complaint in relation to Talent4you handling of your personal information.